Intro

I am going to introduce you to my world.
My public life, as columnist, image designer, producer, performer, recording artist, and now as guest music lecturer is well known.
I love to sing, photograph and design. I had a flourishing art business for over twenty years.
No matter how busy I am, I make time for my family, friends and fans. Here we go!

Search

1-1-11

特意趕緊在一月一日前完成手上所有想完成的各種工作,其中包括錄音。本來計劃在平安夜寫一篇關於一個普天同慶的故事,但一直專注於錄製自己的新唱片事宜,唯有擱置動筆。因為總是有一兩首歌未能達到自己的要求,雖不像上一張唱片《forever young.forever love》錄製進度那樣順利,但能得到老闆的信任和「縱容」,快將推出的新唱片相信更充分反映出方文對音樂的任性與堅持。最後終於理想地在三十號前完工,鬆一口氣之餘,還可以在三十一日晚除夕夜從容地走到中環國際金融中心前拍煙花照!而且意想不到的是,居然幸運地輕易找到一個絕佳的拍攝位置,就正正對著國金!明顯不是那些有預謀地一早排隊輪候的攝影發燒友,只是慣性地隨便帶備了一部舊式小相機。因為家人剛巧農曆生日,這樣千載難逢值得紀念慶祝的好日子,才到街上隨意走走,邊感受著等候倒數的氣氛,邊說著過去一年的大小事情,悲喜交集。不久,聽見四周人群開始倒數,就在這個時候,那部小相機居然亮起更換電池警告訊號燈!猶豫之際,竟不期然緊張起來!最後連忙更換備用電池,幸好總算趕得上,拍了多張得意Snapshot。看著眼前幻變的「2011」字樣燈飾與璀璨奪目的煙火相輝映,實在美不勝收,倍覺幸福。在新的一年的第一天,終於安靜的坐下來動筆,希望好好記下這美好的一天。新的一年象徵新的開始,祝願你我有個好開始!

About Astor

Astor is able to express herself with logical literacy but full of artistic feelings. She acts to record her valuable, interesting and unforgettable experiences during her travel and plans to share with others her instant feelings, thoughtful insights and findings via poems, free verses, prose, narration, reference, etc.

Music, Movie, Musicals and Me

Music and theatre have had a close relationship. Theatre can associate with movie or musical theatre (musicals) and I love both of them. I sing theme songs in some Asian movies, such as“When I Dream” (theme from “Dragon Squad”). It easily recalls people not only from scenes of the movie, but also from memory. I love theme music from movies as well as songs from Musicals, especially Broadway. I remember I have fallen in love with Broadway since I was 12. Musical films characteristically contain elements reminiscent of theatre; performers often sing and dance as if there is a live audience watching. Some musical films were adapted for the stage after their great success, such as “The Wizard of Oz” and“Fame”, while successful musicals also definitely received movie adaptations, i.e. stage-to-film adaptations, such as“Jesus Christ Superstar” and “Evita”. We can share our moments after all these years by passing through “Over the Rainbow”, “Out Here On My Own”, “I Don’t Know How To Love Him”, “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina”, “You Must Love Me” ……

“Moon River” (theme from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”) has to be selected in my new album "Theatre" although it has been covered by hundreds of artists all over the world. I sing it each time, it seems like a live performance accompanied by the pianist just in front of the audience.

“The Way We Were” (theme from “The Way We Were”) must be selected because it was the song of one of my favorite singers that influences me most, Barbra Streisand, and I won the singing contest with it!

“For All We Know” (theme from “Lovers and OtherStrangers”) was selected, of course, in tribute to my forever idol, the Carpenters.

WORDS from Astor :

I hope all of you would like the presentation of my albums.
Everlasting love dedicated to SUPERSTAR...
My dearest family,
Mom and Dad,
Uncle,
Tony,
Jan.
All the one I love,
Teachers and tutors, who have enlightened me,
All singers and writers of the original songs, especially Karen and Richard Carpenter.
All musicians,
All my fans and friends.
Thanks GOD.

Astor Fong

Sign up now for the Astor Fong Fan Club.

Please email to info@addmusicintl.com for details.

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *